Camille Martin is a registered dietitian, public health writer, and former chronic dieter who wasted nearly 25 years of her life on a diet. She teaches women how to lose weight without dieting, set and achieve big goals, and live to their fullest potential. She is the author of Love To Lose: Love Your Life and Watch the Weight Lose Itself, and she is a technical editor for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She lives in Charlotte, NC, with her two daughters and their rescue dogs.
Her story starts at 12 years old when she recognized the focus society puts on external beauty and that started her emotional dieting journey and eating disorder. Camille shares how she was able to free herself from resistance which actually led to peace within herself around weight, food, self-image. Her experiences are relatable and inspiring.
Here’s what you can expect when you listen to this episode:
- How shame around looking a certain way or not looking a certain way impacts us
- Advice for the person that is in the dark place at the end of their rope with weight loss, dieting struggles
- How to get in touch with your authentic self
- The common denominator of all diets (aka why they don’t work)
- Changing your thoughts and habits slowly is how to get results
- What habits are helpful and what habits are unhelpful
- Start by adding a good behavior instead of taking away a bad behavior
- How the mindset of dieting is the problem, and changing that mindset
Dr. Nicole Cain is an advocate for empowering people around the world to help themselves via her educational video e-courses, books, and exclusive free Facebook group. You can receive the tools you need to find the root cause of your symptoms and feel healthy again.