Homeopathy works by stimulating your body’s ability to heal itself. It stands alone in it’s ability to help people truly heal from their health concerns. In my practice, I have seen homeopathy be incredibly effective, and often very quickly. On average, about 85% of my patients feel better within the first month of treatment. In acute states, for example in patients who are suicidal, or those who are manic, I have seen patients improve within 24 hours. If you do not experience relief within this time frame, we will make adjustments until you feel better. There are several things that contribute to how quickly you will improve with treatment:
1. Your ability to describe your symptomsThe more your homeopathic doctor understands your symptoms, the better able they will be able to select a medicine for you. The intake is an in-depth discussion of the details of your primary concerns, including: Your description of what you are physically experiencing in as much detail as possible The sensations associated (what does it feel like), for example:
- My headache is throbbing at my temples, I also feel burning at my temples, and I am inclined to rub them, I also get flushes of heat that starts in my chest.
- Your emotional experiences, for example: When I get a headache, I get angry, I feel the anger in my chest, it builds and I suppress it, which makes the head pain worse.
- Your emotional reactions to the things that are bothering you, for example:
- When I am angry, I tend to hold it in, but then when I hold it in, it causes headaches.
- I am overly sensitive to criticism, when someone criticizes me I doubt myself, feel incredibly depressed and then I go to my room to be alone and cry. I get a lump in my throat and
- If you have a specific symptom, anything that consistently happens at the same time
- Or anything that alternates with the main symptoms
- General preferences and characteristics, as asked on the homeopathic questionnaire, such as preferences for types of weather, foods, personality traits, etc.
- Make notes of your symptoms and the above details of what makes you better and worse, and any associated symptoms, to bring to your homeopathic visit