Remove Obstacles to Optimal Mental & Emotional Optimization
If you have ever been in a situation where you feel like you have tried everything in order to improve your health, but got nowhere, then it is likely because there is an obstacle to cure. An obstacle to cure is exactly what it sounds like: There is something going on in your body, your habits, your history, mindset, or your environment, that is preventing you from reaching your goals. In this conversation, we are assuming that your goals are “realistic.” For example, your goal is not to grow from 5 feet to 6 feet tall. Rather, you are doing everything “right” in order to achieve a “reasonable” goal. For example, you are working to be free from postpartum panic disorder.
If you are trying to improve your brain health, mental health, or physical health but are not seeing the improvements that you would like, then you need to rule out obstacles to cure.
Obstacles to cure may be broken down into 9 categories:
- Lifestyle/ habits/ behaviors (including diet, exercise, sleep, use of drugs/ alcohol, etc)
- Mindset: See Dr. Cain’s Top 9 Tips for A Powerful Brain-Boosting Mindset
- Past trauma
- Personal resiliency
- Nutritional deficiencies (anemia, methylation issues, and more)
- Presence of pathogens (this includes bacteria, viruses, fungus, mold)
- Toxic build-up/ continued toxic exposure (this includes metal and nonmetal)
Dr. Cain recommends you work with a licensed counselor or trusted helper to deconstruct categories 1-6.