Homeopathic medicine is safe, powerful, effective. Peer reviewed research articles published in professional journals give a glimpse into the power of homeopathy in clinical care. To read about the research behind homeopathic medicine click HERE.
“The physician’s highest calling, his only calling, is to make sick people healthy -to heal- as it is termed. The highest ideal of therapy is to restore health rapidly, gently, permanently; to remove and destroy the whole disease in the shortest, surest, least harmful way, according to clearly comprehensible principles.”
Samuel Hahnemann, Organon of Medicine, 1810
Homeopathic Medicine in Mental Health
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathic medicine is a form of medicine that uses non-material doses of substances that are found in nature, for example, plants, minerals, or animal substances. The homeopathic doctor selects a remedy by looking at the symptoms a patient has, and considers the “law of similars,” which says that like-treats-like. This means that a medicine can cure a sick person in a homeopathic dose if it can cause similar sickness in a healthy person at a crude dose. For example, if you drink a lot of caffeine you may have a racing heart, nervousness, anxiety, headache, and sleeplessness; a homeopathic dose of homeopathic Coffeia will help the body heal itself from a flu that presented with similar symptoms.
Will homeopathic medicines interfere with my other prescriptions?
Among the many benefits of homeopathic medicine is that it is safe to use. It does not interact with medications, and is in fact often used to help people get off their prescription medications as they journey down the path towards wellness and restoration of health.
Is homeopathy safe for pregnant women?
Because homeopathic remedies are actually devoid of crude substances they are completely safe for the most sensitive patients, including pregnant or nursing mothers, and infants. Homeopathy has been used successfully in treating difficulties with pregnancy, labor as well as subsequent issues following, with both the mother and the neonate.
Is homeopathy safe for babies and children?
Homeopathic medicine is completely safe for children and babies. It is actually extremely effective in children, who typically respond very quickly to a medicine. Homeopathic remedies can be used to treat children with a variety of issues including but not limited to: Diaper rash, colic, behavioral issues, asthma, rashes, psoriasis, constipation, ear infections, and many more issues.
What can I expect when taking a homeopathic remedy?
There are several things that can happen once you take a homeopathic remedy.
- What we see most commonly is that you start to feel better fairly quickly and begin to heal. Often times we see someone feeling better mentally and emotionally before their physical complaints begin improving.
- You may get a little worse before you get better. This is called a therapeutic aggravation. This means that the symptoms that you came in with may increase in intensity for a short period of time. It is important to call your homeopath if this happens. After the increase in symptoms you will see that your symptoms start to improve and you will start to feel better than you did when you came in. Often, a therapeutic aggravation is a good sign that you are reacting to the remedy and you will soon get better than you where before you took the remedy.
- You may get a return of old symptoms. Symptoms that you had in the past may return for a short time period, and typically of less intensity. This typically occurs if you have suppressed a disease, whether physical or emotional, and the recurrence of this symptoms is a sign that your body is bringing these symptoms to the surface to be finally cured.
- You may experience a form of discharge, such as a rash or diarrhea. This is a process of healing, where the body cleanses itself by removing toxic waste. When this occurs, it is often a sign that the remedy was the right choice. If this occurs you should call your homeopath. Remember, because the body is bringing up suppressed symptoms for purposes of removing them and healing.
- Nothing happens. This means the best remedy for your case may not have been selected. Therefore your homeopath will ask a few more questions and prescribe another remedy that matches your symptoms better.
How quickly will I feel better?
One of the first questions usually asked when a patient uses homeopathic medicine is: “how quickly will I feel better” or “what should I look for after taking my remedy?” These are excellent questions and the answer will vary from person to person. For example, a baby who has an acute ear infection, should show improvement within 30 minutes. An adult with chronic psoriasis may take several months until great noticeable improvement. What is typically seen first, however is an improvement of the person’s mental and emotional state. People often report feeling “more like myself” or happier after taking their homeopathic medicine. This typically lets the practitioner know that they are on the right track!
Here is a great video that explains more about homeopathy: https://nationalcenterforhomeopathy.org/content/what-is-homeopathy
What kinds of things can homeopathy effectively treat?
- Acute illness, like colds, flu’s, sore throat, prevention and treatment
- ADHD & ADD
- Alcoholism, other Addictions and Withdrawal Symptoms
- Anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic Disorder
- Asthma, Allergies, or other Respiratory Illness
- Autism and Developmental Disorders
- Autoimmune Disease, arthritis, lupus, etc.
- Bipolar disorder, depressive disorder, mania
- Blood pressure, hypertension
- Childhood Behavioral Disorders
- Depression, seasonal affective disorder, major depressive disorder
- Eating Disorders, anorexia, bulimia
- Eczema, Psoriasis
- Food Allergies
- Gastrointestinal issues like heartburn/ GERD, nausea, vomiting, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis
- Headaches, Migraines
- Hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, autoimmune thyroid
- Pain, Muscle pain, Joint Pain, Back Pain, and Arthritis
- PMS, Menopausal Symptoms, or Hormone Imbalances
- Prostate Conditions
- Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder, Disorders of Paranoia
- Seizures and Neurological Disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Urinary Tract Disorders and Pelvic Pain
- And many others…
Call us today to schedule your complimentary meet and greet! 616-200-4433, or schedule an appointment below.