Trigger warning: This conversation does contain sensitive material pertaining to self-harm and suicide.
Dr. Christina Bjorndal, ND is an authority in the treatment of mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorders and eating disorders. Having overcome many mental health challenges, Dr. Chris is a gifted speaker and best-selling author who loves to share her philosophy of wellness in interviews with icons like Jenny McCarthy and many more. She is recognized as one of the top NDs to follow by two independent organizations. Dr. Chris has helped many patients achieve physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. She has written four books on mental health as well as created two courses – 1) a 10-week course for individuals and 2) a Clinician’s Integrative Mental Health 10 week course.
Here’s what we talk about within the episode:
- Breaking the stigma around mental health
- Surrendering into the flow and acceptance in the healing process
- Chris shares her honest and vulnerable health journey
- 95% of what runs our brain is the subconscious mind
- Finding where the resistance lies
- How to use the body as a guide when healing mental health wounds
- The importance of talking about trauma when getting to the root of symptoms
- Holding space for yourself and those around you
- How your thoughts impact your physiology
- Chris shares 4 steps in her 10 steps to overall health and wellness
Connect with Dr. Chris:
Facebook: Dr. Christina Bjorndal
YouTube: Christina Bjorndal
Dr. Nicole Cain is an advocate for empowering people around the world to help themselves via her educational video e-courses, books, and exclusive free Facebook group. You can receive the tools you need to find the root cause of your symptoms and feel healthy again.