Today you’re going to learn 5 signals from your brain that you need to detox, the top 3 ways that periodic cleansing is good for your mental health, and steps to make brain detox easy, and fun.
Detoxification can be complicated and confusing. But I’ve found a solution that is EASY. You won’t have to starve yourself, eat disgusting food, or break the bank. Stay tuned to the end, and I’ll share with you the quick and easy detox strategy that has changed my life.
Just like the air filter in your car needs changed, your makeup brushes need washed, or your floors need vacuumed, your brain needs periodic cleansing, too. Regular detoxification will not only PREVENT cognitive issues down the road, but it can also make a huge impact on how you’re feeling TODAY.
Let’s start with some self-reflection!
Do I Need to Detox?
Here are 5 signals from your brain that you’re due for a detox:
- Brain fog
- Mood swings
- Difficulties sleeping
- Poor concentration/ memory
If you related to at least 3 of the above, it’s time to detox, and I’m here to help.
Three Important Reasons you Need to Consider a Brain Detox
- Metabolism is Messy. While you are going throughout your day, your brain is hard at work making proteins, sending signals, receiving and analyzing data and regulating the rest of your body. Your brain has a system called the glymphatic system, which removes waste products from your brain and nervous system. Think about it this way: If you’re cooking a giant feast for your family, you use dishes, ingredients, and it can get quite messy, so cleaning while you go, can help keep your work space-efficient and fresh. But sometimes we simply can’t keep up, and the mess mounts. You come to the end of your meal and the kitchen sink is stacked full of plates and bowls, and the countertops are in disarray. Your kitchen needs a clean-up, and the glymphatic system is the metaphorical Mr. Clean for your brain.
- Accumulation of Waste Causes Dysfunction. Just like if your dirty kitchen can attract unwanted critters of the rodent and insect form, the environment of your brain and nervous system will impact its functionality. Henry Lindlahr (1862-1924), author of the book Nature Cure wrote that one of the main causes of disease to be an accumulation of morbid matter. Morbid matter may refer to metabolic waste (like our kitchen analogy) as well as toxicities from our environment. Which may be exhaust from the highway, the doughnut you got at work, or the mold in your refrigerator filter. Depending on the type of toxic burden, your body will wisely share that information with you in the form of symptoms. It is our job to listen and detox.
- Long-Standing Toxicity Leads to Chronic Disease. We have seen in the research that chronic toxicity can cause chronic disease. For example, experts believe that the brain’s insufficient elimination of beta-amyloid plaques from the brain leads to a disease called Alzheimer’s disease (1). Studies published by the Mayo Clinic have even shown that high amounts of lead exposure may lead to symptoms of anxiety, memory issues, learning difficulties, and a myriad of other symptoms (2).
The good news is that I have found a quick and easy solution to the problem of brain and body toxicity. As promised at the beginning of this conversation, here are the steps to make brain detox easy, and fun.
There are a few reasons why I picked this cleanse in particular:
First of all: It is plant-based. We want to avoid whey and other pro-inflammatory proteins and stick with plant-based during a detox. This product in particular contains USDA certified organic pea protein, which is DELICIOUS.
Secondly: The ingredients are physician-grade.
Thirdly: There is no guesswork. You will get a beautiful and easy-to-understand booklet on what to take, what to eat, and when.
Fourth: You’re going to get all of the nutrients needed to support and balance phase I and II metabolic pathways and to promote healthy liver function and elimination.
Each 14-day kit provides:
- 28 – single-serving VegeCleanse Plus™ functional food powder drink mix packets
- 28 – capsule packets containing:
- 3- Amino-D-Tox™ capsules
- 1- Hydrolyzyme™ capsule
- Program Guidebook – a detailed patient guide that includes a supplement schedule, sample menus, and suggested food and snack options
- DFH Branded BlenderBottle®
I’m going to start the cleanse this weekend, who’s with me?
Dr. Nicole Cain is an advocate for empowering people around the world to help themselves via her educational video e-courses, books, and exclusive free Facebook group. You can receive the tools you need to find the root cause of your symptoms and feel healthy again.