If you’re ready to turn the page on anxiety, depression, ADHD and if you’re committed to building a strong foundation of optimal health, you know that taking the right supplements are key for success. Right?
Unfortunately, because we have depleted our soils from essential vitamins and minerals, we can no longer get all of the nutrients we need from our diets.
Especially if we are taking medications that deplete the brain and body of nutrients like B vitamins, COQ10, and magnesium.
If you are taking a medication, or if you are struggling with a chronic illness, anxiety, depression, or even if you want to promote brain longevity, there are 3 key supplements that you should be taking.
As an authority in integrative approaches to mental health, working with thousands and thousands of people from around the world, I have created a supplement bundle that works to support brain health and reduce anxiety, depression, improve focus and mood.
I have personally found significant benefit from what I’m about to share with you, and I’m sure you will, too.
There are 3 supplements I recommend for everyone with mental health or brain health concerns, to take daily including: multivitamin, fish oil and of course COQ10.
Over the past decade working with my clients who struggle with anxiety, panic attacks, brain fog and even aging, I have witnessed the enormous impact a high-quality supplement program can make in helping to reverse these illnesses.
But let’s face it, with all of the supplement brands out there, how do you know what’s best?
Let’s start with your multivitamin
Unfortunately, most of the multivitamins on the market either are missing important ingredients, or they are too low in the essential nutrients and minerals for brain health. This is why so many people do not see the results from their multivitamins that they need.
I have selected the best multivitamin available for the Anxiety Breakthrough Wellness Bundle, it’s called PhytoMulti. There are several key ingredients that should be included in a multivitamin for brain health in particular, and if you look at the label on the you will see this one is packed with essential vitamins and minerals and I’m going to walk you through a few of the key ones and why they are so important for you.
- First up is mixed carotenoids. Carotenoids are high-potency antioxidants that can be converted as needed by your body into vitamin A. This is much better than simply taking Vitamin A because you get all of the precursors in their most powerful forms and your body can make the nutrient forms it needs from these precursors, depending on your individual chemistry.
- Second up is minerals: This supplements in the Anxiety Breakthrough Wellness bundle contains a mineral blend that is often neglected in over-the counter supplements. In order to make serotonin, dopamine, and other mood regulating neurotransmitters, your body uses minerals. If your vitamin does not contain high-enough doses, or the correct combination of minerals in the most absorbable forms, you may actually feel worse on your multivitamin.
- The third thing your multivitamin should have are phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are nutrients that are found in high concentrations in plants. The phytonutrient blend in this multivitamin has a substantial combination of food-based antioxidants, polyphenols, bioflavonoids and other ingredients that helps reduce anxiety, improve cognitive function, and reduce depression by reducing inflammation, fighting free radical damage, and promoting neuronal-regeneration.
- The fourth thing you should know about selecting a multivitamin is about B vitamins. B Vitamins are profoundly important for several reasons. First is that b vitamins are essential in making neurotransmitters, especially serotonin, secondly, many medications deplete your brain of b vitamins resulting in significant side effects like brain fog, dizziness, fatigue, sleeping issues, and worsening depression and anxiety.I selected PhytoMulti because it is also packed full of b-vitamins in their optimal forms to support neurotransmitter production, increase brain plasticity and replace nutrients depleted from prescription and over the counter meds.
- The last ingredient I wanted to tell you about in the PhytoMulti multivitamin is a nutrient called iodine. Iodine which is key in regulating your thyroid health, which is a very important part of balancing your mood and improving your memory. In fact, there are studies that show that individuals who have sluggish thyroid health have a greater incidence of brain fog, depression, anxiety and sleep issues. This bundle contains 40 mg of Iodine in a highly absorbable form.
Always remember to take COQ10.
If you struggle with anxiety, depression, ADHD, or if you are taking a prescription medication, you need to be taking COQ10.
COQ10 is among the most important nutrients in terms of brain health, and most people do not have enough.
COQ10 is a nutrient that is used by every single cell in your body, including and especially your brain. Studies have shown that there are hundreds of medications that deplete your brain and body of COQ10 and COQ10, and that low levels of COQ10 is associated with changes in mood, motivation, energy, libido, and it even plays a role in the health of your heart.
When it comes to selecting a COQ10 product there are 2 things to keep in mind:
- The first is that COQ10 is a fat-soluble compound and that means that it can absorb very slowly and poorly if not formulated properly. The form of COQ10 in my bundle is formulated with Vitamin E, zinc, and medium chain triglycerides for optimal absorption into your body.
- The second thing is to note that there are two forms of COQ10: Ubiquinone and ubiquinol. Ubiquinone is the oxidized form—which means it has an added oxygen molecule which makes the ubiquinone more biochemically stable, and ubiquinol is not oxidized which can increase free radical damage. I recommend using the ubiquinone form because you are starting with a more stable form of the nutrient and allowing your body to shift between ubiquinol and ubiquinone as needed.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids are a MUST.
The third part of this bundle is omega 3 fatty acids, including DHA and EPA. I included this because omega 3 fatty acids are among the most important nutrients for brain health.
In fact, according to research out of Harvard Health, and top medical journal JAMA, high doses of omega 3 fatty acids offer significant reductions in depression and anxiety and improve brain health overall.
If you struggle with depression, anxiety, brain fog, or if you want to prevent brain-related health issues, you’re going to want a physician-grade fish oil that emphasizes high doses of DHA in particular.
When it comes to finding a high-quality fish oil I want you to keep 3 things in mind:
- First: Grade. Ensure that your fish oil is pharmaceutical-grade, which means that it is removed of impurities. Unfortunately, many fish oils on the market have measurable doses of toxic metals, like mercury, that are harmful to the brain and body. Because of my medical license I am able to offer medical grade supplements that you cannot get over the counter.
- Second: Labels are misleading. The second thing I want you to keep in mind is that many fish oil products claim high doses of fatty acids, but these claims can be misleading because they are using a mix of fatty acids including omega, 3, 6 and 9. Remember, the type of fatty acid that you want to be looking for is omega 3.
- Third: DHA. The third thing to remember is to only use fish oil supplements that emphasize high doses of DHA specifically. According to my experience as a physician for over a decade, and research on the best success from fish oil use, you’re going to want to look for products that have around 750 mg of DHA.
The good news is that I’ve done the leg-work for you. My absolute favorite omega three fish oil is called OmegaGenecis which is included in the Anxiety Breakthrough Wellness Bundle.
Before you go, I just want to pause for a moment to tell you that you CAN turn the page in your mental health. There are studies, after studies, after studies showing that the brain can heal itself. You are on the right track, and it is an enormous honor to be a part of your journey.
My heart is to share hope, and to help you get the tools you. Need to get your life back.
Thank you for stopping by, and as always, here’s to your next chapter.
Dr. Nicole Cain is an advocate for empowering people around the world to help themselves via her educational free resources, online courses, and membership group. You can receive the tools you need to find the root cause of your symptoms and feel healthy again.